Shadows (A Lux Novella)

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout BR with Sara and Jo!My heart hurts so freaking bad right now.. like I seriously want to cry! And it is even worse because I knew the ending was going to break my heart! Gah!5 Stars!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*This novella is a prequel to Obsidian, the first book in the Lux series. I don't want to give too much away, but this story is basically about forbidden love and the consequences that can occur. It is about a girl named Bethany, who moves to a new town where she meets Dawson, a handsome, charming, guy that is hiding a major secret. Can Bethany accept Dawson's secret? Will both of them be willing to fight for their relationship? What consequences will occur if they choose to be together? Shadows, a Lux novella, tells their story.*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*I actually read this novella out of order. I read Obsidian (Lux #1) first and am glad that I did so. Obsidian gives you a good understanding of the Luxen, their lifestyle, and their relationship with the human society. Without having that understanding, I would have been somewhat confused while reading parts of this novella (especially towards the beginning of the book).I absolutely adored Bethany and Dawson and I am hoping we haven't seen the last of them. I really hope they aren't dead and that the DOD lied about that :( It was so interesting to see how different Dawson is from Daemon. Even though they are identical twins, they are polar opposites. While Daemon is constantly brooding, serious, somewhat antagonistic with others, and sarcastic; Dawson is charming, sweet, and an all around good guy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both of them, but it was fun to see how different they both are. Overall, I am loving this series so far. Which actually kind of surprised me because 1)YA isn't a genre that I read very often and 2)I avoid alien themed books/movies. I am so glad I decided to give this book series a chance because it is SO FREAKING GOOD! :)