Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)

Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1) - Karina Halle Sins & Needles was a fabulous book! I am most definitely addicted to the Artists Trilogy now :)Meet Ellie Watt.. an extremely independent, self reliant, self conscious, con woman. She has lived a pretty difficult life; growing up with grifter parents who never really took responsibility for her as their child and were also partially responsible for the event that caused Ellie's leg disability. Ellie doesn't really view herself as a bad person, she believes that she is doing what she needs to do in order to survive. Ellie:"I'm not bad. The world is bad and I'm just trying to survive in it." Sins & Needles takes place when Ellie decides to go back to her home town of Palm Valley. She is considering getting out of the grifter/con lifestyle so she returns to Palm Valley in the hopes of staying with her uncle Jim and finding a legitimate job. Unfortunately, she soon realizes that this plan might not work out due to the fact that her uncle is not really willing or financially able to help her out. She decides that she needs to perform one last con to get enough money so that she can really start over. Enter Camden McQueen; one of Ellie's only childhood friends. Ellie and Camden have a somewhat twisted history together. Ellie runs into Camden in a coffee shop soon after she returns to Palm Valley. After talking and hanging out with Camden, she learns that he runs a successful tattoo shop so Ellie decides to con Camden to steal some of the cash he keeps on hand in his shop. Her plan, however, doesn't work out as planned. Ellie's dark & mysterious ex-boyfriend Javier (that she is running from) comes back into the picture as well as Camden has some of his own personal issues that affect Ellie's plan. Over the course of this book, I really came to love Ellie's character. She changed as a person and realized that she needed to stop living her life by conning other people. Her decision at the end of Sins & Needles proves just how selfless she could be :)Ellie: "I have to live with my mistakes, but I don’t have to regret them. I regret my actions but I can’t regret the consequences. We all make our own paths in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we’re lucky, we’re given the chance to make things right again."Camden was an awesome hero! He helped break down a lot of Ellie's walls regarding other people and showed her she was beautiful regardless of her scars. His loyalty and honesty with Ellie helped her realize that she can sometimes trust other people. Camden: "You know how I feel about your scars. They only make you more beautiful." Gosh I am so excited for Shooting Scars to come out in July! I would most definitely give Sins & Needles 5 stars!