All Grown Up - Sadie Grubor,  Monica Black First official BR for the Smexy Bookaholics blog with Sara and Jo!**ARC provided to our Smexy Bookaholics blog by the author, Sadie Grubor, in exchange for an honest review**"I was fourteen when it happened. The day the Mackeys moved into the house next door. The day that changed my life, as much as it was, forever.A tiny, blonde girl standing on my doorstep would be the beginning of the craziness which became my life. This girl became my best friend, my confidant and side kick. She also introduced me to the love of my life."All Grown Up by Sadie Grubor is a story about love, heartbreak, friendship, and as the title suggests, growing up. This book starts off when a fourteen year old Chloe meets her neighbor and future best friend Mina. Chloe and Mina are polar opposites of one another. Where Chloe is quiet, shy, and into computers; Mina is outgoing, into fashion, and is very popular. Despite all their differences, a fast friendship is formed and they are inseparable. Mina has a very overprotective older brother, Leo, who Chloe instantly begins crushing on even though she realizes he will never see her as anything other than his little sister's best friend. While this book focuses on Chloe and Leo growing up and realizing their feelings for one another, it also has a large cast of secondary characters that you get to know and see how their stories unfold as well. What I Liked*The friendships between the characters. You could tell that these characters really cared for one another and stuck by each other no matter what happened. I think one of my favorite examples of this was Chloe, Mina, and their other girl friend's tradition when one of them was experiencing a bad break-up. All the girls would get together and go to the beach for a bonfire where they would drink and have a man bashing night. *Chloe and Leo's relationship didn't start out with insta love. While Chloe was instantly attracted to Leo and had a crush on him, it took time for their feelings to develop and for them both to acknowledge those feelings. *None of the character's stories are perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, has to deal with the consequences, and deals with other life struggles (just like in real life). What I Struggled With*This story jumps around a lot. You basically watch the characters grow up from the age of 14 through adulthood so time jumps forward a lot. I felt like this took away from experiencing what the characters were going through and inhibited me from connecting with the characters as much as I could have. Like I was given the description of some of the major events in their lives, but I didn't really get to experience it along with the characters. *I didn't feel like I connected with the characters as much as I could have. Chloe and Leo's decisions really confused me at times and I didn't understand why they chose to do what they did. For example, why Leo kept walking away from Chloe and just ignoring her. He wouldn't answer her calls or texts. I never completely understood that even after he tried to explain it.*Chloe made a decision that really upset me and I lost a lot of respect for her character. She never really redeemed herself in my eyes. I could not believe that she got pregnant with Leo's baby and tried to pass the baby off as Dom's (her husband at the time)! Leo didn't even know he had a child until the kid was like 2 or 3! Her reasoning was weak to me and Leo deserved a lot better than that. He had a right to know he was a father and to see his child grow up. NOT OK! Overall, I would give this story 2 stars for the reasons mentioned above. I am in no way discouraging you from reading this book. Different books work for different people, so just because this book didn't necessarily work out for me, doesn't mean it won't work out for you. I still plan on reading other books from this author; her Modern Arrangements series is on my TBR :)