Shooting Scars - Karina Halle ARC generously provided by the author, Karina Halle! Thank you soooooooo much!As with any Karina Halle novel I have read, Shooting Scars deserves so much more than the measley five stars you can rate it. I read this book in one day, with very few interruptions, and when I wasn't able to read it, I could not stop thinking about it. IT IS THAT GOOD!WARNING- THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SINS & NEEDLES! If you have not read the first book, I encourage you to stop here and go read it!The first book [b:Sins & Needles|16029994|Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)|Karina Halle|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347859611s/16029994.jpg|21799599] left Ellie Watt in quite a predicament. Her past and ex-boyfriend Javier caught up with her after having been on the run from him for over six years. Ellie had to make the decision between escaping with Camden, the love of her life, and continuing to live her life on the run with him; or protect Camden and his family by turning herself over to Javier. Ellie chose the selfless route and left with Javier."I have to live with my mistakes, but I don’t have to regret them. I regret my actions but I can’t regret the consequences. We all make our own paths in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we’re lucky, we’re given the chance to make things right again." (Sins & Needles)Throughout Sins & Needles, we watched Ellie struggle to become a better person who doesn't have to live a life full of deceit and lies and she also had the desire to make up for the sins of her past. In Shooting Scars, Ellie is forced into reliving her past with Javier and in essence she must fight to continue on the path to becoming a good person instead of falling into her old ways and reverting back to the person she used to be.Ellie: "How can you call me an angel when you think I'm no good?"Javier: "There are fallen angels, too. Angels with dirty wings."Javier's reasons for tracking Ellie down are not strictly personal though. He approaches her with a job that he feels will benefit them both. I don't want to spoil this for anyone so I am not going to go into details on what the job entails. In Shooting Scars, you also get Camden's POV. He also has a decision to make. Does he move on from Ellie, the woman he loves, and start over with his ex-wife and son; or does he attempt the impossible and rescue Ellie?"It made me realize that in saving her, I might lose myself, lose any morals or convictions I once had. Camden McQueen might end up a stranger to even me when it was all said and done."This rescue mission will be very dangerous and will force Camden to do things that he would normally be repulsed by. It will cause him emotional turmoil and threaten to release the all consuming rage that is inside him. Thankfully, Camden has the help from from one of Ellie's old family friends. Will Camden be able to save Ellie before she is corrupted by Javier? You will have to read this novel to find out =DOverall, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Shooting Scars. It completely surpassed all of my expectations! It was fast paced, full of action, and was totally unpredictable! You will not be able to put it down!Team Camden or Team Javier?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*