Sorrow Woods - Beckie Stevenson ***ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review.***4 Stars for Sorrow Woods by Beckie StevensonI want to start this review off by saying that Sorrow Woods by Beckie Stevenson is one of the most unique books I have had the chance to read recently. I went into this book not knowing much about the plot. The book blurb is pretty vague and since I received an ARC of this book, I didn't have the views/impressions from other reviewers in mind before I started reading. This is one of those books that I think it is best to go into blind. The mystery surrounding the characters and their circumstances hooks you and you spend the rest of the book trying to fit all the pieces together to see the larger picture. With that in mind, I am going to keep my description of the plot short and sweet. Serena, her sister Elodie, and her mother live a pretty primitive and isolated life in Sorrow Woods. There is no electricity, running water, and no other people close by. In fact, their location is so remote, Serena and Elodie have never had the opportunity to meet anyone outside their immediate family until one day while playing in the woods, they run into Kaiden (Kai). This chance encounter with Kai triggers a chain of events that change their lives drastically.SerenaSerena was a really refreshing character for me. She is strong, independent, intelligent, confident, resourceful, and has such an innocence about her. Although she has lived in isolation for most of her life, she is curious to explore the outside world and to experience the things that she reads about in all of her books. Meeting Kai in the woods has the potential to answer all her questions about the outside world and broaden her horizons.Kaiden (Kai)Kai is the traditional bad boy. He has tattoos, gets into fight, parties, is a total player, and is an asshole in general. While on a hunting trip in Sorrow Woods, he runs into Serena and her sister Elodie. Kai soon realizes that he knows a secret about Serena and he plans to use it to his advantage."I know her. I've seen her face a hundred times before. Her face has bored, intrigued, and damn-near annoyed me over the years."Little does he know how much this intriguing girl is going to change his world by making him question himself as a person and whether or not he is truly living the life he wants for himself.OverallIf I had to classify this book, I would say it is a Young Adult/New Adult romance. I will admit, it took a little while to get into this story, but all the mystery surrounding Serena, her family, and Kai sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading until I figured out what was really going on. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a unique story, with some mystery, a little romance, and some very memorable characters. Another huge thing that I liked is the cover! It is absolutely beautiful!Memorable quotes:"I couldn't just forget about you. You got stuck in my head and you were all I could see when I closed my eyes. I had to come back and see you again." - Kai*~*~*~*~*"It changed me," I confess. "She changed me."-KaiThank you Beckie Stevenson, for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book for you :)