Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2) - Samantha Young I had read so many mixed reviews of Down London Road that I was not sure where on the spectrum I would fall between loving and hating it. Going into this book, I knew that Johanna was not one of my favorite characters from On Dublin Street. The fact that she pursued guys for their money just rubbed me the wrong way. I was really hoping to get a better understanding her character to help redeem her character in my eyes. That being said, I can honestly say that I enjoyed reading about Johanna and Cam's story.. enough to give it 3.5-4 stars.Down London Road follows Johanna (Jo) Walker - a woman who is desperately trying to take care of her family, especially her younger brother Cole. She would do anything to make sure her brother is taken care of and that he has a better childhood than she did... this includes working two jobs and dating wealthy men specifically so that they can give her expensive gifts she can sell on the internet. Jo's plans of settling down with one of her wealthy boyfriends are interrupted by Cameron MacCabe, an out of work graphic designer, that gets a job at the same club that she works at.Some aspects of this story that I absolutely loved:*Johanna was completely selfless and loyal when it came to her brother Cole. *Joss and Braden were a huge part of this story :) Joss is such a wonderful friend to Jo. She was constantly trying to help Jo see that she deserved more in life than settling for a wealthy man that may or may not make her truly happy because he can support her and Cole. Joss also encouraged Jo that she could depend on her friends for help when she needed it:"I respect you," she said softly, "I do. I know why you do what you do, and I get it. But from one ex-martyr to a current martyr... get over your bullshit and ask for help." . *Cole was by far one of the best book brothers ever! I loved how he was protective of Jo, gave her advice that was very mature for his age, and that he would do anything to help her out.*Though Cam could be a "despicable, judgemental, self-righteous, obnoxious, condescending fuckwit" (Jo's opinion at one point), I came to love him by the end of the book. He really helped break down the walls preventing Jo from depending on/trusting other people. He also had a huge impact on Jo's self esteem - making her see that she was a wonderful person and that she shouldn't let other people dictate how she views herself. "You're stunning," he whispered hoarsley. "No man can possibly deserve you." *The chemistry and sexual tension between Jo and Cam was HOT and their banter back and forth was hilarious."Cam and I just broke up." Cam laughed, hugging me even tighter into his side. I huffed, trying to wriggle free. "What are you doing?" "Getting back together with you." Some aspects that I struggled with:*Jo and Cam started crossing a line at one point that I was really uncomfortable with. I really hate it when people cheat on their significant others. So when Cam/Jo started fooling around when they were both dating other people, I was really disappointed with both of them. I was really relieved when they came to their senses and broke up with Malcom/Becca before they took their physical relationship any further. *Some parts of the story seemed a little slow at times and I thought a few of the plot lines were somewhat predictable.