A Beautiful Lie - Tara Sivec I think that Murphy's law suited this book perfectly. If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. There were so many twists and turns in this book, that I was constantly kept on my toes and thinking WTF just happened!?! A Beautiful Lie is about two friends, Annabelle Parker and Garrett McCarthy trying to find out the truth surrounding their best friend Milo's death (who was also Parker's fiance). Milo was a Navy SEAL who was killed on a mission and both Parker and Garrett don't believe it was really an accident. On their mission to find the truth, lies, deception, and secrets are discovered. Nothing ends up being what you think as you read this book :)Garrett and Parker have a very complicated history. Since they day they first met, there has been an intense attraction between the two that neither of them have acknowledged willingly. While on their mission, they are forced to pretend that they are married and let me tell you that the sexual tension that ensues is HOT! I was practically fanning myself during the pool and hotel scenes. I also really loved both Parker and Garrett. I think they were a good match for each other. Parker was constantly keeping Garrett in check when he started acting like an adolescent boy. Watching them deny their obvious feelings for each other was very frustrating at times but once they moved past their doubts and fears, it was worth it."I'm not scared because I can't give you my love in return," she told him softly. "I'm scared because I love you so much sometimes it's hard to breathe." "I'm scared because I never ever wanted to lose myself in someone as deeply as my parents did. I'm scared because I was so stupid to realize I would have no control over that where you were concerned."Overall, I would give this story 3.5 stars out of 5. The story was fast paced, full of action/adventure, had a lot of twists that I didn't see coming, and had a nice romantic HEA. I really enjoyed A Beautiful Lie.As much as I enjoyed reading this book, there were a few things I struggled with. The third person POV was hard to follow at times. It took me a while to get used to it. And even after I got used to the changing POV, the author would throw in flashbacks that I wasn't expecting so there were times I had to reread a paragraph. I also found aspects of the story a little unbelievable. Granted, this is a fictional story so I expected some unbelievable elements, but I felt like there were so many far fetched action scenes as well as so many twists, that it got a little distracting at times. I kind of felt like there was almost too much. That being said, I would still recommend this book to anyone looking for a romantic suspense thriller :)